Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Thankful Countdown

Today, I've been inspired by friends' facebook statuses. Several of my friends (real friends, not just facebook people you know 'friends') are going to post one thing they are thankful for every day between now and Thanksgiving. I figured I should do that as well, but as a blog entry, because it lasts longer than a status update. So I'll start a running list:

Wednesday, November 11: I'm thankful we have money in the bank. A good chunk of my morning was wasted at the bank today due to incompetence and lies on the part of one bank employee. The upside of course, is that we have money to actually do banking with.

Thursday, November 12: I'm thankful for the safe arrival of babies being born to my friends and family. Just in the past few weeks my cousin Carla had a little boy, friends Tony & Liz had boy/girl twins and so did friends Rob & Alejandra! And there are more babies on the way!

Friday, November 13: I'm thankful that Bill arrived home safely from Paris.

Saturday, November 14: I'm thankful for the opportunity to meet new people, share stories, laugh, eat, drink, and be merry and to have a great driver to bring me home.

Sunday, November 15: I'm thankful that my girls are such good company and usually well behaved while eating in restaurants.

Monday, November 16: I'm thankful that some of the most wonderful people in the world are members of my family.

Tuesday, November 17: I'm thankful that my kids are healthy and happy

Wednesday, November 18th: I'm thankful that in the US, tap water is clean and safe to drink.

Thursday, November 19th: I'm thankful for our expat community, which is full of fun, happy, interesting people from all over the world, and who are quick to become friends.

Friday, November 20th: I'm thankful that I speak another language. It really can enhance your life and expand your circle of friends.

Saturday, November 21st: I'm thankful for the warm winter weather in India, where we can swim outdoors at Thanksgiving time.

Sunday, November 22nd: I'm thankful for a roof over my head and food in my tummy. There are so many people here in India that can't even imagine the things I take for granted.

Monday, November 23rd: I'm thankful for family days when the four of us spend time together.

Tuesday, November 24th: I'm thankful for the times when you laugh so hard that you cry.

Wednesday, November 25th: I'm thankful for my best friend in the whole world, who I'm lucky enough to be married to.

Thursday, November 26th: I'm thankful for my family and friends both new and old. Every one of them has helped to shape the person I am today (wackiness and all)

No comments: