Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Getting back at Mom

Sometimes I wonder if teachers ever try to get back at parents for the things their kids do at school.  On some level, I can certainly understand the desire to do so for the kids who are troublemakers, or constant misbehave-rs.  My guess is that Sammy isn't either of those, but in a category of her own: the unbridled enthusiastic student.  Sammy talks constantly about animals and will sometimes even address people as Mr. or Mrs. (favorite animal of the day).  I can see how this might wear on a teacher who deals with a classroom of children 4 and younger day in and day out.   Now, I have a sneaky suspicion her teacher is trying to get back at me for this.  We received notice that Thursday is going to be "Dress Up as your Favorite Animal Day" for Sammy's class at school.  Sammy's favorite animal: a porcupine.    Thanks Miss L, that should be a snap!

No comments: