Thursday, August 5, 2010

Home and Home again

The girls and I spent 5 weeks this summer outside of India.  Bill, being the breadwinner, had to work so he managed a trip to Shanghai, China before returning to India a week before us.  We spent our time away enjoying a long weekend in Dubai, a speed trip to Boston (and a Red Sox Game) and time at our home sweet home in Virginia. Before packing up and heading back to Hyderabad we managed to squeeze in a week visiting Bill's parents in Myrtle Beach.

It's always surprising how easy it is for us to slip back into our comfort zone.  Settling into our own house was like slipping on a comfy pair of slippers after a long winter.  Although we hadn't been there in a while, it felt just like home.  Strangely enough, I felt the same way after returning to Hyderabad.  After a 32 hour journey: car, plane, layover, plane, layover, plane, file complaint about missing baggage, car, I walked into our home here in Hyderabad, sat down in our living room, and amazingly, it felt like home!  I'm pretty lucky that I can leave home, travel 9,000miles over 32 hours, and arrive back home.

No comments: