Our first trip home from India met all of our expectations and surpassed some. The crushing jet-lag, happiness at seeing friends and family we missed, the shocking amount of snow that fell our first weekend back, all were lasting memories of our time home. What was probably the most surprising thing was that after 5 weeks in the US we were eager to return to India. Certainly the warm temps that awaited us in Hyderabad were a factor, but more so was the life we left: one where we see friends frequently, have places to go, events to attend, school for the girls, a maid to clean, and the constant reminders of how lucky we are and how much we have.
I know that some friends and family members thought we were completely crazy to move to India, and would think about all the things/events they'd miss by being away from home. What I was able to put my finger on while at home was: life is what happens to you, not what happens around you. During the 8 months we were away, we didn't miss a thing.
Now that we've returned to India, Bill and I have decided that we're going to do an even better job of getting out, getting together and doing things. In the words of the great Bon Jovi:
"It's my life, it's now or never.
I ain't gonna live forever.
I just want to live while I'm alive...it's my life. "
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment