Sunday, June 7, 2009

Just call me Sasquatch...

I did a little shoe shopping today. I found a cute pair that I wanted to try and asked the overly-attentive salesman if I could try it on in a size 8. Here is our conversation:

"We don't have any of these in an 8", he said, shaking his head sadly and waving his hand toward the ENTIRE back half of the store. "The only kinds we have in your size are Hush Puppies or Dr. Scholls."

Ok, show me something like this pair in an 8."

First pair was unsuccessful.
"Ok, show me everything you have in a size 8." I think I tried on 4 different pairs of shoes. If I wore a size 5 or a 6, I would have been golden and could have had my pick of the entire store.

Oh well, I did buy one pair. I'll just have to check with the other expat ladies who have sasquatch feet like me, where to buy shoes.

No comments: