I embarked on an unusual journey this evening. It's not just my destination that was unusual, but my travel partners, or more specifically, my lack of travel partners. For the first time I can remember since 2001, I am traveling internationally...alone. No husband, no kids, just me. My ride to the airport was quiet, the airport is eerily quiet, or at least my area of B terminal here at Dulles. As I was sitting here quietly, my brain began to think about all of those things I can do today that are normally difficult or impossible with my 2 tiny travel mates.
I can:
1. use a non-handicapped toilet
2. sit in a chair and close my eyes and rest
3. type this blog
4. go an extended period of time without speaking (which is nice on my sore throat)
5. hear the music they're playing over the airport speakers
6. consider getting a massage at the "Massage Bar"
7. call friends just to chat
8. read
9. peruse the magazine stands (why do magazines seem so much more interesting at the airport??)
10. buy candy and eat it all myself
11. not have my hands full
12. sit in an exit row
Now, this isn't to say that I don't miss my girls. In fact seeing Sammy's little tear rolling down her cheek as she said "Bye Mommy" nearly broke my heart. But traveling with them, especially when I'm the only adult, isn't that much fun.
Well, I'm off to peruse the magazine stands and find something for dinner.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Meigan! How fun to have a blog to document your travels. B had a bad night so missed your call, but can't wait to hear all about it. Hope you guys stay out of the way of the monkeys! Be safe!!
Love Morley
Post a Comment