Around 3:30am local time on Saturday February 6th, I stepped foot on Indian soil for the first time. Disembarking from my plane, I arrived at the very modern and nary 1year old Hyderabad Airport. I emerged from Customs, which was an even bigger joke than at most other airports, and exited the airport to find myself walking toward the curb in between throngs of Indians held back by shiny new railings. I felt as though I was walking out on a red carpet and everyone in sight was there to greet me. I held back on the urge to smile and wave one of those beauty pageant waves. Chuckling to myself, I looked around and found my driver, holding up a sign with my name. At least one face in the crowd was there for me. ;)
Let the Adventure Begin!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment