Monday, May 4, 2009

Good News...

We had a good experience at the Emergency room today...bad news is that we needed to GO to the emergency room. Cory learned a good lesson. She's not going to pick up sharp knives and try to cut cantaloupes or anything else with them again. Her finger got in the way. :( Poor girl, she was bleeding like crazy, so I wrapped her finger up in a wet wash cloth, got everyone's shoes on and headed off to the children's hospital. Yet another benefit of having a driver is that I didn't have to concentrate on driving and being a little panicked, I could just sit next to Cory and hug her.

Other than that, we're getting settled in pretty well. We have a maid coming every morning for 2-3 hours, we found out where the fuse box is, the new washing machine is hooked up, internet should be hooked up tomorrow (they were supposed to come today), bottled water should be delivered tomorrow as well. Maybe the best outcome of the day was that I finally bought a coffee maker. I haven't had any coffee since the plane, and Bill had his first cup today at work. Now watch...it'll be so hot tomorrow that I won't want a cup of hot coffee. I can always chill it down I guess!

No comments: