Friday, December 19, 2008

Life Lessons at the Fish Counter

Last Friday morning, I went to Giant (grocery store) to pick up Cory's birthday cake. Taking advantage of the better store than the one closest to home, I stopped at the fish counter to get some fish. There was one man working and instead of coming right up to me (the only customer), he continued texting on his phone. Even after making eye contact with me, he continued. I can only imagine what my expression was. Finally he came to see what I needed but not before telling me how he texts 'good morning' to his children every single day. He went on to say that he "doesn't take life for granted any more", so he makes the time to at least say good morning to his kids. At that point, I granted him forgiveness for texting instead of taking care of me.

Catfish: $5.99/lb on sale
Life Lessons at the fish counter: priceless

:)

No comments: